Перейти к содержимому
Форум варганистов
Carl flude

Techno pitch with fast tongue

Hello I hope this finds you all well.

I'm new here and I would like to say thank you for allowing me to join your group. I am totally lost in this vast world of unlimited Jews Harps and wondered if some of you have ideas for a Harp of high pitch and can play fast if needed for Techno style. Thanks for your help.

Поделиться сообщением

Hello, help from anyone please. I've had a Glazyrin Shearwater delivered today,  has any of you guys had experience with this harp.

Поделиться сообщением

Now when you have loud jaw harp with techno style spund ypou can compare it with descriptions on the site and specs (pitch mainly). And this will help to create more precise idea, what you looking for.

Поделиться сообщением

Hello Sir, thank you for spending your time contacting me. I am looking for that really really high pitch which was the main ingredient in the 90's raves and acid house and trancey techno tunes. I'm sure that my preferred style will improve with much patients and practice over a long period of time and hopefully becoming more proficient in my flexibility of sound I wish to make. Thank you for your advice and I will look long and hard through the site.  

Поделиться сообщением

Here you can see list sorted by pitch: https://www.oberton.pro/lab.htm?lang=en&sort=frequency_avg#table

And the same with graphic bars: https://www.oberton.pro/notes.htm?lang=en

Highest are in the bottom.

Поделиться сообщением

Thank you, I'm now going to look.:) I have been practicing a lot just lately and I am starting to find that my 2 front middle top teeth are now very sensitive and tend to hurt for a couple of days and suffer with cold drinks. Do you think that I would benefit from dentist made teeth guards. I don't want to stop playing as I'm still  very new to this great venture of Jews Harp. Is this a normal feeling for the teeth until they get used to it.

Поделиться сообщением

There should not be any pain. First of all make sure you have not pressing frame to teeth to hard: keep it in the minimum possible level. This level depends on reed hardness and stroke force - so check stroke force too. But comparing to different JH, this one has really hard reed giving much pressure to teeth - if yours are more sensitive by the nature, this can be a problem and only reducing of play time will help or using softer JH.

In any case, try to lower force and gradually increase it  during 1-2 weeks.

Поделиться сообщением

I think you’ll find that stiffer reeds make for better control when trying to play fast, but produce more vibration into the teeth. I have a Ghorka morchang with a very stiff reed that I personally find rather unpleasant to play for any length of time. If you have sensitive teeth, you might seek out a soft reed. The Glazyrin Lighthouse has a very soft reed. It roars like a lion but purrs  like a kitten on the teeth. It’s a base though, great for techno, but maybe not as high as you’re looking for. 

Поделиться сообщением

Создайте аккаунт или войдите в него для комментирования

Вы должны быть пользователем, чтобы оставить комментарий

Создать аккаунт

Зарегистрируйтесь для получения аккаунта. Это просто!

Зарегистрировать аккаунт

Войти

Уже зарегистрированы? Войдите здесь.

Войти сейчас